Q: What prescriptions can be compounded?
All kinds of prescriptions can be compounded. Both the form (i.e. solutions, suppositories, sprays, oral rinses, lollipops, creams and lotions) and strength of the medication can be customized. Compounding applications can include: Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Veterinary, Hospice, Pediatric, Ophthalmic, Dental, Otic (for the ear), Dermatology, Chronic Pain Management, Neuropathies, Sports Medicine, Infertility, Wound Therapy, Podiatry and Gastroenterology. Louisville Pharmacy can compound:
- unique dosage forms containing the best dose of medication for each individual.
- medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, troches, “chewies”, and lollipops.
- medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, gluten or alcohol.
- combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved compliance.
- medications that are not commercially available.