Compounding for urology and urogynecology is the preparation of customized medications for conditions affecting the urinary tract, reproductive systems in men, as well as vulvar pain, pelvic floor disorders, and other issues that may affect women. For many of these conditions, medications that are found on the market may not meet the unique needs of every individual patient. Fortunately, your compounding pharmacist can prepare medications in a variety of different formulations to offer the best treatment for you.
In the following instances, a compounded medication therapy may be indispensable:
- Preservative-Free medications are required.
- Certain dyes, sugars, alcohols, or lactose must be avoided.
- Combination products or other special formulations are desired but are not commercially available.
- Normally commercially available product is backordered or discontinued.
- Alternative dosage form or strength outside of what is commercially available is necessary.
- Allergy or side effect to a commercially available product.
- Commercially available treatments have failed.
How can compounds help?Compounding for Common Urological Conditions
The following common conditions can be treated with custom compounded preparations:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Post Surgical Penile Functioning
- Kidney Stones
- Vaginal Atrophy
- Benign Prostate Enlargement
- Bladder Control (Incontinence)
- Bladder/Urinary Tract/Prostate Infections
- Bladder/Kidney/Prostate/Testicular Cancer
- Bladder Irrigation/Intravesical Solutions
- Cystoscopy Procedures
- And more!
Customized Delivery Forms for Urology
Your medication can be compounded into many formulations including:
- Intracavernosal Injection Solutions
- Intravesical Solutions
- Vaginal Gels/Creams
- Topical Gels/Creams
- Oral Liquids
- Rapid-Dissolve Oral Tablets
- Urethral Gels and Inserts
- Bladder Irrigation Solutions
- Sterile Injectables
- Vaginal Suppositories
- And More!
Your compounding pharmacist is ready to work with your physician to develop a dosage form to fit your unique needs.
- Compounding allows us to create custom medications specifically for you. Examples include dye-free, preservative-free, alcohol-free, and/or sugar-free forms of medications. To learn more about our ability to customize your meds, contact us today at 502-894-4464.